Well, I took one for the team on this one. My husband is on a diet that does not include eating delicious chocolate chip brownies. I wanted to provide you with a great dessert recipe for your cast iron skillet, so I just had to go ahead and make this even though no one else in my home is going to be eating it but me. (Unless someone wants to come over and help me eat it!) Let me tell you, this is so, so good! All that is missing is some homemade ice cream, but I thought that might be a little over the top for just me! This recipe is from Martha Stewart, the woman I aim to be, well, maybe not the going to jail part…but her decorating, cooking, and party ideas are fabulous! So, get out that cast iron skillet OR go buy one if you haven’t already and try this recipe!
*6 T unsalted butter (room temp)
*1/3 c dark brown sugar
*1 large egg
*1 tsp vanilla extract
*1 c all-purpose flour
*1/2 tsp baking soda
*1/2 tsp coarse salt
*1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350. With a wooden spoon, mix the butter and sugars.
2. Stir in the egg and vanilla.
3. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips and transfer the mixture to the cast iron skillet. Smooth the top.
5. Bake until it is golden brown and just set in the center, 18-20 minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
***Baking hints: I always use eggs and butter that are room temperature! If you are using a convection oven, set the temperature 25 degrees less than what the recipe calls for to ensure proper baking.